Mini Medics provides basic introduction to First Aid and Defibrillation aimed at children between 8-11, but can be tailored to suit any age. Educational and practical with no confusing terminologies this fun course instils the importance of helping someone who is poorly or injured.
A range of topics covered include:
- Contacting the emergency services what to say and do
- What to do if mummy won’t wake up
- What is inside a first aid kit?
- How to use a Defibrillator
- Wounds and bleeding
- …and much more.
- After school clubs
- Holiday Clubs
- Community Groups
- Brownies and Cubs
- and even children’s birthday parties.
Books (optional) are available during course to support learning and are great to share with parents, sibling and grandparents on returning home.
Quizzes, colouring pictures, games like Operation, The Human Body Floor Puzzle, Building a skeleton, knowing the parts and functions of the body enhances the learning throughout the session keeping every child engaged in respect for their ability.
As a Learning Destination for Children’s University Norfolk each child can earn 1 stamp for their passport for each hour of mini medics (max 3 stamps)
Full Day courses will include (Time permitting) a 45-50 minutes session(s) on CPR/AED/Anaphylaxis and Choking awareness for staff/ parents/ grandparents/ community members.
Max 16 children per session with 1 adult supervision to 4 children minimum.
Merchandise is also available to purchase from the affiliate shop.
If you would like to see an overview of the courses on offer, please refer to the useful documents in the sidebar to the right.
- Half or Full day POA
- £22 per child (6-10 year old) accompanying adult free – use contact form to book.
- 16th April – Diamond Centre, Sprowston, 9.15 & Roxley Hall, Thorpe 14.15
- 17th April – Hinks Meadow Hall, Taverham 9.15