- 1. Bookings – may be made by e-mail or by completing a booking form. By booking a course with Go and Get Trained it is assumed that you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- 2. Payment – Full payment is required in advance at time of booking for all Open Courses. Bookings are not confirmed until payment has been received. Closed courses you will be required to make a 50% booking fee payment at time of booking at which point your booking will be secured for the specified agreed dates(s). You will then be invoiced at the end of the course for outstanding balance payable within 14 days unless other arrangements have been made at time of booking. Mini Medic courses you will be required to make payment of the booking fee as stated on your quote to secure the booking. You will be invoiced at the end of the course for the balance payable within 14 days unless other arrangements have been made at time of booking.
3. Cancellations – Go and Get Trained reserves the right to cancel the dates or alter services, but will endeavour to give as much notice as possible. In the event of a cancellation Go and Get Trained will try and transfer the booking to the next mutually convenient date unless the client states otherwise. If the booking is cancelled by the client the following fees will be payable.
3.1 – Refunds
Notice Refund More than 21 days 100% 10 – 21 days 50% Less than 10 days No Refund
- 3.2 – You may transfer to another of our courses or an alternative date at any point up to 3 weeks prior to the course date. Less than 3 weeks in advance you will be charged an administrative fee of £25.
- 3.3 – If you do not attend a course, and have not previously informed us by letter or email and received a confirmation reply from us, the full course fee remains payable.
- 3.4 – If you arrive late for a course, or are absent from any session, we reserve the right to refuse to accept you for training if we feel you will gain insufficient knowledge or skill in the time remaining. In all such cases, the full course fee remains payable. We are set by guidelines and the HSE requirements must be up held at all times. Mandatory attendance is required to enable certificates to be issued.
4. Health and Safety – In the case of physical skills courses (i.e. emergency first aid and automated external defibrillation), All students on both open and closed courses must ensure they are capable to carry out physical assessments including work on the floor. It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that candidates are free from any condition which would affect their capability, and that they have the aptitude to cope with an intensive course of study. (We do welcome candidates with disabilities for training, but it remains their employer’s responsibility to ensure that they are appropriately supported in their workplace).
- 4.1 – If the course is to be held in your own premises please ensure that there is sufficient space for the lesson to be conducted, bearing in mind practical demonstration and participation is required. Clean floor area is required. If you are unsure please contact us for advice.
5. Liability – All training and advice given by Go and Get Trained is done by following guidelines provided by the appropriate councils. Information given by Go and Get Trained is to the best of our knowledge, up to date and evidence based, Go and Get Trained cannot accept any responsibility for misinterpretation of the advice given. Go and Get Trained always advises if parents or carers are at all concerned about the health of their child they should seek medical advice. The information provided, either on this website or any documentation provided is for general information only and should not be treated as a substitute for medical advice given by a doctor or any other health professional. Go and Get Trained is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made or actions taken by a user based on this information.
- 5.1 – For Mini Medic courses Go and Get Trained requires at least 1 suitable adult to every 4 children. At no time will Go and Get Trained be left without a suitable adult during the training session. Parental consent forms must be completed in full prior to each session. Failure to complete, sign & date will result in the child being unable to attend
- 6. Course Materials and Copyright – The cost of the session includes all materials supplied during the session. Go and Get Trained is the copyright owner of all course materials with the exception of materials clearly published by third parties. Go and Get Trained copyright materials may only be used by the person attending the course for their personal use.
- 7. Childcare – Any childcare support arrangements when Go and Get Trained teach courses, is an agreement entirely between the parents and the child Care provider. Go and Get Trained holds no liability whatsoever for child care provided or for any unforeseen circumstances arising through using that child care provider. Children must not be in attendance at any course other than those they have a booking for ie Mini Medics.
8. Additional Information
- 8.1 – Please advise your candidates to wear suitable clothing (not skirts or dresses) for the course. It would also be appreciated if ladies don’t wear lipstick as this stains the manikins.
- 8.2 – For regulated courses all students require to provide suitable ID i.e. driving licence / passport.
- 8.3 – Those attending requalification 2 day first aid course students must provide evidence of their previous certification prior to the course start date to ensure they attend within the correct time scale to be able to gain a requalification. If not, a full 3 day course will be required and full payment will be required as stated above in cancellations.
- 8.4 – Some regulated courses require students to complete a written examination. Reasonable adjustments to ensure every student has access to complete the written paper Go and Get Trained offer suitable support, however limited recourses available on the day, it is helpful to know this at time of booking if at all possible, ensuring we are able to make adjustments for that day.